General Rules & TOS
(Site & Discord)
Myst of Avsolom is an 18+ 3/3/3 play-by post role-playing game. By using the Myst of Avsolom's site and/or discord, members agree to adhere to the following:
Rights & Responsibilities
- Registered members must be eighteen years of age or older.
- All messages must fall in acceptable and legal parameters pertaining to the current United States of America law. Aforementioned items included without limitation to: copyright, trademark, fair-use, slander and libel, assault, use and representation of minors in sexual acts, etc.
- Administrators and Moderators have the final word. If told to cease a behavior or conversation it must be ceased.
- Spam, phishing scams and members attempting to solicit money from other members through the use of the domain is prohibited.
- Abusive, overly aggressive, threatening or toxic trolling behavior is prohibited.
- Multiple Out of Character (OOC) accounts is prohibited. Users may only have one OOC account.
The domain reserves and observes the following rights and responsibilities:
- Content may be removed at any time, with or without explicit permission, consent or warning.
- The domain may remove members at any time, with or without explicit permission, consent or warning.
- All content posted on the site (mystofavsolom.com) adding to it's world or utilizing it's world or its concepts is the copyright of the site owner. The site owner may use all writing posted on the board and names without the original author's consent or monetary compensation.
- Site rules may change at any time with or without warning.
General Role Play Rules
- Characters engaged in sexual depictions of any kind must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Content is not restricted in length.
- In-character content must be authored by a character account.
- Characters do not need to be approved to engage in the role play, but an application must be submitted.
- Characters may not be unbeatable, gods, god-like or Mary Sues.
- Characters cannot be forced to engage in player vs player combat (PvP).
- If a member chooses to participate in PvP, once their character is engaged in combat they must abide by the rules agreed upon between the combatants.
- Characters cannot die without their authors consent.
- Character Profiles must follow the rules listed in the Character Rules & Guide thread.
- Members are free to add any additional rules to their role play threads. Additional rules in a thread must be clearly communicated to all participants before they join, or be agreed upon by all participants if added at a later date.
- If a participant is not given a clear warning about additional rules they're not obligated to follow them.
- If an author of a province leader declares they're no longer going to be active on the site or becomes inactive for four months without any contact with the site, staff may remove their character and his or her house from leadership. Another author will be allowed to create a house to lead the province. This measure prevents a province from falling completely out of the story and use.
- Disputes within the role play are to be handled by the members involved. In the case a compromise cannot be reached then the issue may be escalated to staff. To escalate an issue use the report button on the post with the disputed content.
There are five punishments correlating to the number of times an offense is given. Multiple points may be assigned by an admin for a single instance depending on the severity. These points persist even when the punishment has been lifted, however depending on how long ago it was an admin may be willing to remove old points. Admins will often give warnings against behavior before taking action, but by no means are forced to. Any admin can assign any punishment for any reason, even beyond what is given in the rules.
One point = 24 hour ban on the site and 24 hour mute on the discord.
Two points = week ban on the site and discord
Three points = two week ban on the site and discord
Four points = one month ban on both the site and discord.
Five points = permanently banned from both the site and discord.
For punishments from two, three or four points a user may appeal for the ban to be lifted early by using the Contact Us
feature located on the bottom right of the forum. This does not guarantee a punishment will be lessened, and depending on the appeal's contents it may be made even greater.